BE A BERT SHOW INTERN
So, you want to get into radio…but what does it take to break into the industry? If you want to learn everything about a successful morning radio show, now’s your chance!
Apply for an internship with The Bert Show, where you’ll learn everything about running one of the country’s most successful Top 40 morning shows, including:
- What goes into behind-the-scenes producing and daily operations.
- Reporting on celebrity and entertainment news.
- Cutting audio and recording production that plays nationwide.
- Crafting social media content and structuring social marketing strategies.
- Conducting research for celebrity interviews.
- Board Operations
- Brainstorming and writing creative pieces for thebertshow.com.
What’s it like being a Bert Show intern? On typical weekdays, interns sit in studio with the cast and crew during the show, which runs mornings 5AM – 10AM. You’ll learn the basics of a show, including how to index the show, pull – and write – content for Kristin’s Entertainment Buzz, shadow in audio production and show operations, and learn what it takes to be on-air talent.
Does my major matter? Nope! While interns who want to get into radio as a career and who are majoring in communications, journalism, broadcast or marketing have priority, it is not necessary.
Who are you looking for? We’re looking for hard-working, think-outside-the-box types who are willing to pay attention to detail (it matters). If you’re a self-starter who can troubleshoot, think on your own, and are ready to learn and chip in, we want you. And obviously, you should love radio!
How to apply: Just fill out your information in the form below and submit your resumé and cover letter telling us why you want to intern for The Bert Show. Please note that at this time you must be able to receive college credit for your internship in order to be eligible to apply.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls.
* APPLICATIONS TO BE A 2022 SPRING INTERN MUST BE SUBMITTED BY FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH.*