French Open champion Maria Sharapova remained No. 1 on Forbes’ list of highest paid women in professional sports– her eighth straight year at the top of the list.
25-year-old Maria is one of seven tennis players in the top 10. She earned $27.1 million from July 2011-July 2012, with most of that coming from endorsements.
That was 47 percent above Li Na of China. Her 2011 French Open win helped her more than double her earnings from $8 million to $18.4 million.
The top five was rounded out by Serena Williams ($16.3 million) Caroline Wozniacki ($13.7 million) of Denmark and Danica Patrick ($13 million).
Top five women earners:
1. Maria Sharapova, tennis, $27.1 million
2. Li Na, tennis, $18.4 million
3. Serena Williams, tennis, 16.3 million
4. Caroline Wozniacki, tennis, $13.7 million
5. Danica Patrick, motor racing, $13 million