How redneck are you? Bert Show listeners call us with your redneck stories, and we’ll dole out the red neck ratings. But beware, there can be a fine line between backwoods bumpkin and redneck chic (you know, like drinking out of mason jars).
We’ll start of with the cast’s redneck stories:
Jeff: Has a brother that travels with boxes of jerkey, pork skins and moonshine.
Bert: Has an oil painting of my dog…in his bedroom.
Producer Carl: Has truck balls hanging from his truck.
Wendy: Uses $2 wine bottles as flower vases.
Jenn: Really, really like PBR…especially drinking it out of a can. (But honestly, does that even count? It’s so redneck chic right now).
Kristin: Her mom has a single-wide right next to the house for storage, but she doesn’t know if that’s redneck. (Um…)
Other Listeners call up with their redneck habits:
- Her daughter’s father walked her down the aisle…playing a banjo.
- Every Christmas, her dad lays out 25,000+ Christimas lights that he synchronizes to music his own radio station that he bought…and it takes him until February or March to take them all down.
- One listener’s mailbox fell off the post…and they used duct tape to put it back up.
- They took a satellite dish, flipped it upside down, and installed a sprinkler on it to water the front yard.
- She has not one, but TWO dead Christmas trees on the side of her house.
- Her husband’s family has the annual family reunion…at the family cemetery.
Oh, and there are even more golden nuggets from Twitter and Facebook…like Waffle House taking out a restraining order, or keeping it all in the family, if you get what we’re saying.